Posted: 5th November 2015 by Generals Wrestling in Uncategorized
This season the NCAA has created a few rule changes that will significantly alter wrestling action, scoring, and strategy. A few of the main points from this year’s new rules and interpretations are:
- No more 3 pt. NF will be awarded
- Wrestlers who receive a 2 count will be awarded 2 NF points. Wrestlers who receive a 4 count will be awarded 4 NF points.
- There is no longer a 5 count
- Anytime wrestler’s go out of bounds the referee shall make one of the following decisions: 1) call stalling on the wrestler who went out of bounds first, 2) call stalling on the wrestler who pushed his opponent out of bounds without the intention action of scoring, 3) make no stalling call and decide continuous action was the reason for going out of bounds
- First instance is called and stalemate and both wrestlers are served a warning
- On the next occurrence, the offending wrestler will be called for stalling.
Other rules/interpretations included: questioning the mat official, scoring(breaking) dual meet tie criteria, coaching during injury timeouts, modifying the dropdown stalling rule, and many others. If interested the link below is a detailed video explaining all of this season’s rules and interpretations.
2015 – 2016 NCAA Rules Video
Posted: 21st September 2015 by Generals Wrestling in Uncategorized
Washington and Lee wrestling apparel is now on sale! The deadline for ordering is October 9.
Please use this link to purchase apparel for the upcoming season: https://wlwrestling.itemorder.com/sale
Posted: 9th September 2015 by Generals Wrestling in Uncategorized
Using data from Washington & Lee University’s Alumni office, we’ve mapped W&L graduates who are also alumni of the wrestling program. In addition to the national distribution show, our alumni live all over the world, including Columbia, Mexico, Great Britain, Russia, and Japan.
View W&L Wrestling Alumni in a full screen map
Posted: 31st August 2015 by Generals Wrestling in Bonus Points
Rich Redfoot will be entering the Washington and Lee Hall of Fame on Friday September 11, 2015. A very exciting and privileged time for all families, friends, and the W&L community.
Please feel free to share any comments below.
Posted: 24th August 2015 by Generals Wrestling in Bonus Points
Friday, September 11 Washington and Lee Athletics will honor Jim Cryzter and Richard Redfoot as members in the class of 2015. This is a tremendous honor for the families, friends, and the wrestling program here at W&L.
As a way to remember, congratulate, and share memories we thought we would open a discussion thread. Please feel free to share something with members of the Washington and Lee community.