W&L Athletics Hall of Fame: Rich Redfoot

Posted: 31st August 2015 by Generals Wrestling in Bonus Points

Rich Redfoot will be entering the Washington and Lee Hall of Fame on Friday September 11, 2015.  A very exciting and privileged time for all families, friends, and the W&L community.

Please feel free to share any comments below.

Richard Redfoot_Final

1. Win Phillips says:

Richard arrived at W&L when I was a senior. During that season, we were practice partners, and I knew then he would win a lot of matches. I attribute much of my success my senior season to having someone like Richard pushing me. I hope I helped him as much as he helped me. Thanks Richard and congratulations on this well-deserved honor.

2. Rolf Piranian says:

You have to qualify Rich as a unique person. He is not one to show a lot of emotion or excitement; nor is he a man of many words. That’s the way he wrestled too. You step out on the matt with this big guy who you might think is a meek giant. It might be a bit of touch and go, but do not, do not piss this guy off! He is a demon when he decides its time to get going. When he decides to wrestle, he is as good a wrestler as I have seen at W&L in my time around here.

3. Manoli Loupassi says:

Rich is a man of few words. He was my wrestling partner my senior year and roommate on away trips. We had a lot of good times and funny moments. He was naturally strong and gifted as a wrestler, and as a senior, he really dedicated himself to success. Once he did that, he was unstoppable. He spoke softly, but carried a big stick. I am so proud of him and the small part I got to play in his success. He was a great wrestler, and is a better person. This recognition is a long time coming and that makes it that much sweeter!

4. Ray Gross says:

EPIC congratulations to Rich. I may have seen him wrestle once (I truly do not recall), but to place at Nationals was a goal I had set for myself and didn’t really get close. An incredibly difficult accomplishment which literally puts him in a class by himself.

5. Rich Robins says:

Where did Rich wrestle in high school? What did he end up doing with his life?

St. Chris alum. Manoli Loupassi was one bad MoFo himself, so if he praises Rich like that, it’s noteworthy.

6. Rich Robins says:

Apparently here’s the answer to my question, above:

http://www.redfootstudio.com/

7. […] Ron’s journey to earn Washington & Lee University’s first All-American honors since Richard Redfoot in […]

8. […] follow Ron’s journey to earn Washington & Lee University’s first All-American honors since Richard Redfoot in […]

9. […] follow Ron’s journey to earn Washington & Lee University’s first All-American honors since Richard Redfoot in […]

10. […] also helped make the camp a great experience for the wrestlers. Ron Tassoni ’16 and Richard Redfoot ’89 returned to campus to work with the campers, along with Perry Lloyd ’84, who returned, […]